Mark Leeper, CEO of Vision Logbooks, an Aircraft Digital Logbook system provider, discusses the company’s digital conversion process that is transforming paper-based aviation maintenance logbooks into Aircraft Digital Logbooks that are accessible, researchable, and legally recognized. Topics covered include:
- Understanding the scope of the issue Virtual Logbooks is seeking to address.
- The types of costs associated with paper records, and the dollar figure of such costs.
- The benefits to electronic record-keeping.
- The barriers to transitioning to a paperless environment.
- FAA Regulations governing electronic logbooks.
- Some of the common industry misconceptions related to paper records.
- The effort required to convert their aircraft’s paper records into electronic format